Hi all, we are very excited for the September meeting. Here are a couple of items for you to know about before the meeting occurs
You can download this year's membership form here. We encourage members to print and fill out the form prior to the meeting.
The membership fee is $40 for the year. You can mail in form and payment or pay at the September meeting. At the meeting, we accept cash (exact change only please), cheque and will have the square app for payments by credit card. Please note that payments by credit card will have a $1.20 fee added as the service fee for using the app.
We will draw for the winner of the raffle quilt (and the winner of the free workshop) at our meeting. Therefore, all raffle tickets (sold or unsold) and money from tickets sales MUST be returned at (or prior to) the September meeting, no exceptions. If you cannot attend the meeting, please contact Krista (email@example.com) or Leslie (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange to return the tickets prior to the meeting date.
Canada 150 Quilt
Canada 150 blocks are due at the September meeting. We haven’t gotten very many blocks! Please submit blocks to help make our quilt amazing.
Block: Modern version of a maple leaf or the Canada 150 logos
Background: Kona Silver
Size: No larger than 12.5" x 12.5" unfinished
- Blue - Kona Deep Blue
- Light blue - Kona alegria
- Yellow - Kona Coty or Citrus
- Fuchsia - Kona pomegranate
- Dark orange - Kona Tangerine
- Medium orange - Kona Torch
- Light green - Kona sprout
- Darker green - Kona Kiwi
- Dark purple - Kona purple
- Purple - Dk violet
- Red - Tomato or Rich Red
OMQG will host a fall retreat. Here are the details:
- Dates: November 11 – 13th
- Location: Gracefield Christian Camp and Retreat Centre - Gracefield, QC
- Amount: $210 per person – includes 7 meals
- Limit – 35 spots
To sign-up, you can email email@example.com or the sign-up sheet will be available at the September meeting. Fees for the retreat will be due on (or prior to) the October meeting.
There are a few spots available for both of our October workshops.
- Disappearing Dresden – Marie-Clair Charette - October 2nd (4 spots left) - $30 workshop fee plus you will need to purchase the pattern and rulers for the class.
- Improv Circles – Cheryl Arkison – October 23rd (3 spots left) - $70 workshop fee
In order to secure a spot in either workshop, you must be an active member (membership dues paid) and pay for both workshops on (or prior to) our September meeting (the square app will be available for workshop fees).
We also have an April workshop with Johanna Masko:
- Secrets of the Farmer’s Wife – April 23 - $100 workshop fee (only 3 spots left)
More workshops to come. Stay tuned!!
I'm SEW excited to see y'all at the meeting!